Thursday, September 25, 2008

Applegate Lake


One of the most 'picture perfect' areas around here is the Applegate Lake area. I had been told of the pretty 'Applegate' area, and so drove to the town of Applegate one Sunday. Yes, it was pretty, and many places reminded me of the English countryside.

But I was not prepared for the Lakes area, which I stumbled upon a month or so later. The lake is situated in steep mountains that are heavily forested.

Definitely a summer activity place, as there are 'day areas' for swimming and such.
Now I love the beach, but to be swimming and relaxing in the water in such beautiful surroundings as this almost seems like paradise.

This photo is but one of the beautiful vistas - this is looking towards California - there is still a little snow on the distant mountain.

No comments: