Thursday, March 6, 2014

Klamath Lake (Upper) from the rim of Crater Lake - deepest lake in continental U.S.A.



Talking to an online friend from another country about Klamath Lake. I remarked that I had some photos of it that I loved. They have remained hidden away, unshared. They are much too remarkably beautiful not to share. I've always thought I may paint them 'some day' but anyone wanting to know the beauty of this area would love to see this lake, I'm sure.


This was taken about 4-5 years ago. This lake is also known as 'Upper Klamath Lake'. 
See Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Upper_Klamath_Lake

"The largest body of fresh water by surface area in Oregon, it is approximately 25 miles (40 km) long and 8 miles (13 km) wide and extends northwest from the city of Klamath Falls. It sits at an average elevation of 4,140 feet (1,260 m)." "The lake depth fluctuates due to regulation of its water supply, averaging between 8 to 60 feet (2.4 to 18.3 m) deep."

Crater Lake is a whole other story. :)

No comments: